One of our best selling items, Subaru One Step Colder Spark plugs are one of the best items you can add to your 2004+ STI or 2008-2014 WRX. A simple, and effective modification that gives you peace of mind. Turbo cars require stronger spark and these are a great idea to add to any part install or before tuning. Poor condition spark plugs can cause misfires especially when boosting, which destroys performance.
Why go “one step colder”?
Running a “colder” heat range spark plug will reduce temperatures in the combustion chamber by wicking more heat into the cylinder head. This reduces feedback knock and fine knock learning when running gasoline tunes.
Recommended on ALL 2.5 WRX/STI making over 280 whp.
- Part #: NGK 2309 / LFR7AIX
- Quantity: Sold as a set of 4
- Iridium Plug
- Service Life: Varies based on application, up to 50,000 miles
- Heat Range- 7
- Recommended Torque spec- 18 ft. lbs
- Recommended plug gaps-
- Stock Turbo- .031″
- BCP X500+ Turbo- .026″
- Tune required? No.
Combine these plugs with your BCP E Tune! BCP E Tuning Website
More information about NGK Iridium plugs:
NGK IX Iridium Series plugs were designed specifically for the performance enthusiast.
- Fine wire center electrode ensures high durability and a consistently stable spark
- Iridium alloy has an extremely high melting point, perfect for today’s high-tech, high performance engines
- Trivalent metal plating provides superior anti-corrosion and anti-seizing properties
- Corrugated ribs prevent flashover
- Pure alumina silicate ceramic insulator, provides superior strength and better heat transfer
- Copper core aids in heat removal
- Triple seals prevent leakage
NGK is a trusted leader in the performance aftermarket and OEM spark plug world. We run NGK plugs in ALL of our builds at BCP from bolt-on Subarus to 1500 whp GTRs! We suggest running these plugs on stock turbo and bigger turbo cars such as the X500+ or other aftermarket turbo types. They can last up to 50,000 miles in light conditions, but we suggest inspecting these plugs on modified cars every 15,000-20,000 miles to ensure maximum performance. If you are experiencing a misfire issue, the plugs and coil packs are the first place we suggest looking!